5.11.13

Artist Response: Alberto Cerriteno

Continuing from my analysis of Alberto Cerriteno's 'Bear Illustration', I responded to his piece of work by using aspects of his illustration to create my own character.


Alberto Cerriteno used a lot of the formal elements in his piece of work, such as colour, line, pattern and texture; I have tried to include each of these things in my response.

I think that this response is successful as I have taken certain aspects from the artists work to incorporate them into my piece of work using my own style. I have used a limited colour scheme of three colours (yellow, blue and orange); line to create texture (the characters body); pattern (the clue circles in the orange outline around the character's body); shapes (the features of the characters face).

Below is a close up of the lines and texture.




To refine my idea further, I could experiment with doing my character using the screen-printing technique as the colour scheme is perfect for that particular process.

My character could be improved by adding lines to create texture to the legs; experimenting with different colour schemes; using different shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment