17.8.13

Artist Anaylsis (Visual): Simon Walker

Simon Walker's work
This piece of work created by Simon Walker is very simple - which is why I like it. I like that only one colour has been used, the layout is simple, the writing it attractive and the way that he has drawn objects similar to the letter which are similar to what the typography says.

This piece of work looks like it has been made using screen-printing. As I am not in college at the moment because it is the summer holidays, I have no access to those materials. Thus, I used watercolour paint instead. When I return to college I will do another response to this piece of work using screen printing.

I think that the watercolour paint worked well with this design as it made the typography bold .I think that screen-printing will work a lot more effectively compared to watercolour paint because it will give the same effect that it has done in this piece of work - it is bold, but the letters are not completely covered in bold black colour.

My response
By creating this piece of work, I have realized that using simple typography designs and techniques makes the design stand out and look sophisticated.

No comments:

Post a Comment