6.8.13

Artist Analysis (Visual): Unknown



Artist's work
I found this piece of work on Pinterest and decided to do a response to it because it caught my eye. I like the simplicity of it and the way the text has been made to fit inside the shape of the whale. The artist has used only two colours, which is an aspect that I admire with a range of works as I think that it always makes the design stand out more. The fact that a lot of different typography designs have been used in the one design is not something that I usually like but I think that it works very well in this design and it helped me to practice creating different typography.
It looks as though this design was created by a design software such as Illustrator, however, I decided to visually analyse this using coloured pencils. My anticipations were that it would be a very effective material for this design as the colours aren't too bold and bright, although I think that my judgments were wrong in this case. The design doesn't stand out as much as it should, it doesn't look professional and the typography doesn't look good.

My response

My typography hasn't been drawn very well because I was more focused on getting the correct size of it so that it would fit inside the whale-like shape rather than how it actually looked. To make my next design more successful, I will focus equally on the typography and how it is laid out.

By creating this piece of work I learned that designs look much better when using bolder coloured materials such as gouache paint, acrylic paint and Illustrator. For my next typography design, I will use one or several of these materials to enhance my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment