23.1.14

Front Cover Layouts and Designs for Children's Book

I have been thinking of illustrations for my book which could be child-friendly but also communicate the dark theme of depression. Edward Gorey's illustrations are very subtle, but his words are categorized as 'dark humor'; In my children's book I want my illustrations and words to both be subtle, but to communicate the feelings of depression effectively.







I created these designs by using secondary images from Google. I will soon be taking primary images of chairs and teddy bears to make these designs more effective.

The reason that I have chosen to illustrate a chair and a teddy bear on the front is because it shows that someone has been there, but isn't there anymore; a child. I think to make these deigns more successful I should add a cushion on the chair which has a rear-dent in it to show that someone was there before more effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment