22.7.13

Areas Of Interest

The areas in Graphics that I am most interested in are:
  • Children's Illustrations
  • Collage
  • Typography
When I start my personal project for A2 Graphics in September, these are going to be the key areas that I will be focusing on.

I am interested in children's illustrations as there is no limit to what you can create - your imagination can be as free as you allow it to be. Although you can do this with other areas too, I feel that it is most interesting in this particular area as your audience is the next generation. Children are attracted to a lot of bright colours and fascinating creatures. They're learning new things each day that they will never forget and they will build on to become better at. Their imagination is the wildest thing that they posses in their lives at this time, which is why my imagination must match theirs to help not only their imagination grow, but themselves grow. The types of children's illustrations that I am interested in are shown on my Pinterest board.

Jim Field is one artist in-particular that I find very inspiring. His work is full of bright, beautiful colours and ideas.

Collage fascinates me. The work that you can produce with collage is so intriguing. One of my ideas for my personal project is using collage and children's illustrations together. For example, I will photograph a person (possibly a friend or family member) and I will photography an animal (possibly a pet that a friend or family member owns). I will then collage them and create a children's character using Illustrator. I will experiment with this over the summer to see if it is a successful idea.

I have created a board on Pinterest to show examples of collages that I find impressive and unusual. I will use these as inspiration when creating collages of my own. A very famous collage artist, Richard Hamilton, is one of my inspirations. His ''Just what is it that makes today's homes so different?'' collage is a very riveting piece of work. If you would like to know more about that particular piece of work, the Tate have written about it on their website here.

I am excited to start my personal project in September as I feel that I will have a lot of potential to create a compelling piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment