8.10.13

Artist Response: Ernest Howard Shepard

 
Mr Toad by Ernest H. Shepard
Ernest H. Shepard's work is very interesting; I like the fact that he has drawn animals wearing smart, formal human clothing. This piece of work in response to his 'Mr Toad' piece.

I did this by searching on Google to find images of my chosen animal (a dog) and then drawing it in my sketch book in the style of Ernest Shepard. 

 
Dog response in sketch book 
This is the dog response that I did in my sketch book. I think that it is successful because it responds to Shepard's work well; it is an animal drawn in black, wearing formal human clothing, standing upright on two feet and smoking a cigar. Although you cannot see the dog's legs, you can see that he is not in a position which a dog usually is. A drew a similar suit on the dog that is on the frog, but changed the type of tie that he is wearing.






Dog response on Illustrator

Once I was finished sketching my character, I scanned it into my computer and then developed it on Illustrator.

The fact that the colours are not perfect is intentional. I like that they're messy and overlap into the different sections that they're not supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment