4.7.13

Artist Analsysis (Visual): Alberto Cerriteno

Alberto Cerriteno's work
I chose to do visually analyse this piece of work by Alberto Cerriteno because I liked the limited amount of colours it used; I think it makes the image more effective as it isn’t too over-powering. I was also interested in the patterns used. There are a lot of lines being used in different ways such as straight lines, arrows and triangles. For my response of this piece of work I used acrylic paint as it is what the artist normally uses in his other pieces of work and I think that it is a very successful technique and complements the character well.

Visually analyzing to this piece of work helped to improve my painting skills. To develop this further I am going to create my own character using this piece of work as inspiration and looking at some of Cerriteno’s techniques. I will use a limited amount of colours and different lines/shapes to hopefully have the same subtle yet exciting feel that this piece of work gives to its viewers.



My response


No comments:

Post a Comment