18.7.13

Artist Analysis (Visual): Ekaterina Koroleva


Ekaterina Koroleva's work

My response





















I decided to visually analyse to Ekaterina Koroleva’s work as I liked the style – It looks as though she has used watercolour paint and I like the effect that this material gives. I found that watercolour paint is very interesting to work with and I would like to work with this material more in the future.

I felt as though this work was successful as it looks very similar to the original piece and the same materials were used to create them. To improve this response, I would paint the colours first, rather than the black outlines. When I was painting the colours, it over-lapped the black a few times which made the black colour stand out less.

By creating this piece of work I realized that I enjoy working with watercolour. I will use this information when creating my work in the future. I will practice using watercolour more so that I can improve my skills with it to produce more successful outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment