16.7.13

Artist Response: Alberto Cerriteno

This piece of work was inspired by Cerriteno's cat. As you can see, in Cerriteno's cat (focusing on the cat and not the surroundings), it has used a lot of lines and limited use of colour.
 
Alberto Cerriteno's work


For my piece of work, I have taken his idea of using geometric shapes and limited colours - I have used circular shapes and used three colours (dark blue, light blue and orange). I think that this has worked effectively and successfully as it is very simple but bold. It also relates to what I will be working on in my personal project in September, which is children's illustrations.

By creating this piece of work my painting skills have improved further. I have learned that using only a few different colours works very effectively and makes the image stand out more. I will use this information to help me when creating work in the future.

My work inspired by Alberto Cerriteno

No comments:

Post a Comment